Our TA Development boys have been very busy this term with training, volunteering & tournaments.
Welcome to Merchiston
We aim to ensure that your son:
- Acquires the confidence and leadership skills to succeed in a dynamic and global world, and to strive for the highest standards
- Balances modesty with confidence
- Becomes an enthusiastic and curious learner achieving excellence in all he does
- Develops compassion, respect for others and integrity
- Discovers and embraces all of the opportunities on offer to develop his talents
- Enjoys a sense of happiness and fulfilment
- Learns tolerance and responsibility
- Understands the needs of others within and beyond our community
I hope you find all you need on our website to help you with the important task of selecting a school for your son.
Read, digest, explore. Meet our community. Discover what makes us different. Understand our aims for your son and how we will deliver on them. See if you can imagine him here.
Merchiston is a remarkable School where boys make lifelong friends and community connections, whilst gaining a world-class, global, outward-looking education.
Our community’s wellbeing is central; without it, no one will ever achieve their best. That is why wellbeing underpins everything we do. It is what makes for meaningful and connected conversations. It is how we get to know your son really well. It is why we can support and motivate him in just the right way. Your son will thrive because he is known, understood, valued, and supported in everything he does.
When your son joins us, he will leave Merchiston as a rounded individual, not only having achieved the highest level of personal academic success, but also with a sense of who he is and with respect for others, having learnt what it means to have true integrity and character.
I would love to talk to you about your son and, more importantly, talk with him to work out what makes him tick, discuss where he wants to go next and make sure he has the toolkit to get there. I invite you to take a closer look at Merchiston to gain a feel for the unique atmosphere, ethos and spirit we offer and to discover how we can deliver an education made for your son.
Enjoy my film below:
Christian Union or Curry Union?
Director of Sport reports on the Autumn Term sporting highs and lows.
The annual St George's Christmas Leavers Ball.
Where are you now? Passive Pupil to Independent Advocate.
U16 Scottish Schools' Cup Final Success!