Explore our map to discover alumni stories from around the world.
Come and speak to our Admissions team at upcoming international events
Studying in another country is a massive adventure. Like all adventures, it can also be daunting.
If your son joins Merchiston from overseas, he will not be alone. We welcome boys from all over the world, every year, into each year group. Your son will be joining a global community where roughly 20% of the school are international pupils from over 25 different countries.
We will help him every step of the way, practically and emotionally: to settle in, to make friends, to explore cultures and to really make the most of his international adventure.
How to Apply
- Talk to the Admissions team about your son
- Complete the registration form and return it with £100 non refundable registration fee, a copy of your son’s birth certificate and passport, and his most recent school reports
- Assessment at Merchiston or papers sent to your son’s current school (or a recruitment agency or British Council offices)
- Papers sent to Merchiston for marking
- Offer made if entry requirements met
- Accept offer and pay £5000 deposit (refunded when your son leaves Merchiston, less any extra charges from his final term)
- Commence Visa application if necessary