The Merchiston Groundsman meets the Merchistononian Greenkeeper.
Location & Directions
You will find us in 100 acres of beautiful grounds on the edge of Colinton, a picturesque riverside village, 4 miles south west of Edinburgh’s city centre in the shadow of the Pentland Hills.
Edinburgh has won many awards and accolades for its attractiveness and quality of life and is easily accessible by road, rail and air.
- 15 minutes by car to Edinburgh International Airport
- 50 minutes by car to Glasgow International Airport
- 15 minutes by car to Edinburgh city centre
- 1 hour by air to London Heathrow
- 4 hours by rail to London Kings Cross
Can there anywhere be a more beautiful and beguiling city to arrive at by train? To emerge from the bustling, subterranean bowels of Waverley Station and find yourself in the very heart of such a glorious city is a happy experience indeed.