We are excited to announce Simon Pender, current Head Performance Coach at Grantham Tennis Club has accepted the post of Director of the Merchiston Tennis Academy.
This follows on from the farewells, we said to David Brewer, who embraced the exciting opportunity to take up a post as a touring professional with one of Great Britain’s leading female tennis players. David’s appointment is testament to the respect he has achieved in the world of tennis.
Mr Charman, Deputy Head Co-Curricular, “We are delighted to appoint such a high performing coach and a tennis manager to lead the Merchiston Tennis Academy and the new Merchiston Indoor Tennis Centre. We are looking forward to welcoming Simon, with his partner Emma, to the Merchiston community at the beginning of February.”
Introducing Simon, who has an impressive tennis CV:
- Level 5 Master Performance Coach
- LTA National Coach & Talent Performance Manager
- Oversaw the development of GB players Katie Swan & Gabriella Taylor
- Experience of the USA Tennis Academy Circuit
- An incredibly highly ranked junior player; top 30 for singles & top 10 for doubles respectively
- Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) former ranking player
- Olympic Junior medallist and GB Representative
- Direct entry into all Junior Grand Slams
We are confident that Simon, and the Tennis Academy team, will continue to build on the successes of the Academy as the No. 1 UK Tennis School (LTA, 2017-19) and the No. 2 World Tennis School (ISF, 2017-19) whilst supporting the boys to achieve and exceed their personal goals.