Invitation to our Information Morning / Evening
7th December, 2017
Our next Information Morning will take place on Saturday 3 February 2018, from 10.00 am until 1.00 pm. Please click here to register your attendance.
We will also be hosting an Information Evening, the Merchiston Journey, which will take place on Thursday 8 March 2018, from 6.45 pm until 9.00pm approx. Please register your attendance here.
We are sure that whatever the stage of your enquiry, our events offer a unique opportunity to gain an insight into life at School.
We truly believe Merchiston offers an outstanding education on and off the field.
Outstanding off the field…*
- 47% of pupils achieved A*/A grades at A Level
- 82% of pupils gained places at their first or second choice university
- 64% of pupils went to UK Russell Group Universities, Bath, Cambridge, Oxford and leading international institutions
- 92% A*/A/B pass rate in Further Mathematics
- SAT support clinics for applicants for American Universities held weekly. Students have gained admission to Ivy League Universities, such as Cornell and Brown
- 62% of pupils achieved A*/A grades at GCSE
- 18 pupils achieved 9 or more A*/A GCSE grades
- Best Head of Public School (runner-up), Tatler School Guide 2015 and 2018
- Gradual progression to secondary teaching from Primary 6
- Full boarding with a varied weekend activity programme specifically suited to age and stage
* Academic Results 2016/17
And on the field…
- 1 UK Junior Ranking Golf School (ISGA, 2014/15, 2015/16 & 2016/17)
- 2 World Tennis School (ISF, 2017)
- 2 UK Tennis School (LTA, 2017)
- Representation in all of the 2017/18 Scottish National Rugby Teams
- In 2016/17, 89% of all pupils, from 7-18, represented the School in sport.
- In 2016/17, there were 73 different teams, of all abilities, playing competitive fixtures across 16 sports: a total of 539 fixtures.
- Wide range of sports available, such as athletics, cricket and hockey, suitable for boys of all abilities